Personal Injury law is another specialized area of civil litigation that includes a party injured due to another party’s negligence. The most common cases arise from automobile accidents. Still, many other injury cases occur on property owned by someone else or in any other setting where another party’s actions injure someone else. Other examples include:
• Hit-and-run or pedestrian accidents
• Wrongful death
• Products and Premises liability
The party causing the injury can be an individual, a group of individuals, or a business/corporation. The party who brings the lawsuit is referred to as the Plaintiff, and the person being sued is the Defendant.
You need a lawyer
When you are injured in an accident, you are faced with dealing with the physical pain of the injuries and the impact the injuries have on your ability to work, care for your children, and attend to your normal daily activities. Until you have experienced a personal injury and its aftermath, you can’t anticipate the emotional, physical, and financial pain you will feel. Further, the 24-48 hours after the accident is critical as the insurance companies will move in and attempt to assess their risk and limit their exposure for the damages their insured may have caused. It is essential that you have a personal injury lawyer on your side who knows and can explain your legal rights to you when it matters.
Cases that seem simple or straightforward rarely are, and you need a lawyer in your corner who can offer you an honest assessment to help you make the best choices for your case. When you hire us, we will help you:
- Evaluate the issues in your case
- Determine which facts and evidence support your claims
- Devise a personalized litigation strategy
- Gather relevant evidence, and determine how to present this evidence to the judge or jury effectively
- Maximize your claim for damages in your lawsuit. Juries can award multiple types of damages, including compensatory and punitive damages. The right legal strategy can dramatically affect the amount of money involved in the resolution of your case
- Present your case in a concise yet clear manner to most effectively communicate your personal story to the judge or jury
Why Choose Us?
The Nelson Law Group brings over two decades of experience to each case we handle. We have an extensive bench and jury trial experience in personal injury cases arising from various causes resulting in many injuries. With our prior training and work experience, we know how to look at different perspectives of your case. We have worked with people who have been sued as well as people who are pursuing claims. We will devise a comprehensive strategy based on our years of experience, intuitive legal skill, and the desired outcome of your case. We will communicate the litigation plan and keep you informed as your case progresses. We also are available to answer your questions or respond to your concerns as they come up.
If you have been injured in an accident and feel someone else is a fault, contact us today to talk about your personal situation and gain the information you need to know to make good decisions moving forward. Alleviate your uncertainty by contacting us today at Nelson Law Group to schedule your free initial consultation.