Civil Litigation is the broad category of cases that involve disputes between two or more parties that arise because a party believes they have experienced some form of injustice or have been injured as a result of the other parties’ negligence. These cases are often referred to as:
- Breach of Contract – one party breaks a promise to another
- Commercial Litigation – disputes between businesses, and
- Personal Injury – person injured by another party’s negligence.
The party who brings the lawsuit is referred to as the Plaintiff and the person sued is the Defendant.
You Need a Lawyer
Cases that seem simple or straight forward rarely are. If you need to take legal action against someone else or have been sued, you need a lawyer in your corner who can offer you an honest assessment that will help you make the best choices for your case. When you hire us we will help you:
- Evaluate the issues in your case, determine which facts and evidence support your claims or defenses, and devise a personalized litigation strategy.
- Gather relevant evidence and determine how to effectively present this evidence to the judge or jury.
- If you are the Plaintiff, we will maximize your claim for damages in your lawsuit and will work to limit your exposure if you have been sued. Juries can award multiple types of damages, including compensatory and punitive damages. The right legal strategy can dramatically affect the amount of money involved in the resolution of your case.
- Present your case in a concise yet clear manner to most effectively communicate your personal story to the judge or jury.
Why Choose Us?
The Nelson Law Group brings two decades of experience to each case we handle having extensive bench and jury trial experience in complex litigation matters, including fire insurance coverage; statutory penalty; pension credit; defective construction; product liability; personal injury; worker’s compensation; estate administration (claims); medical malpractice; and professional negligence. We work with people who have been sued as well as people who are pursing claims, which means we know how to look at all perspectives in your case. We will devise a comprehensive strategy based on our years of experience, intuitive legal skill, and the desired outcome of your case. We will clearly communicate the litigation plan and keep you informed as your case moves forward. We also are available to answer your questions or respond to your concerns as they come up.
If you find yourself in a dispute or someone is threatening to sue you or your business, contact us today to talk about your personal situation and gain the information you need to know to make good decisions moving forward. Alleviate your uncertainty by contacting us today at the Nelson Law Group, PC to schedule your free initial consultation.