Just because your marriage has ended does not mean there is not a light at the end of the tunnel. As family law attorneys, it is a rewarding experience to see many of our clients come out on the other side of a difficult divorce feeling confident that they can take back control of their lives and that their families will heal. We see it constantly, and the same can be true for you.
We have written about this at length in our library of blog posts, which always include practical, compassionate, and positive advice on what life can be like after divorce. It is important that you never feel alone; this latest post is no different.
After scouring the Internet, we would like to share a few inspirational quotes that help shine a positive light on a difficult topic.
15 Inspirational Quotes on Divorce
- “Recovery begins from the darkest moment.” — John Major.
- “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” — Brene Brown.
- “There is no such thing as a ‘broken family.’ Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.” — C. Joybell C.
- “Half of all marriages end in divorce—and then there are the really unhappy ones.” — Joan Rivers.
- “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” — Carol Burnett.
- “Don’t spend too much time beating on a wall, hoping it will transform into a door.” — Dr. Laura Schlessinger.
- “When your heart is broken, you plant seeds in the cracks and wait for rain.” — Andrea Gibson.
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell.
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Adler.
- “There are things in my life that are hard to reconcile, like divorce. Sometimes it is very difficult to make sense of how it could possibly happen. Laying blame is so easy. I don’t have time for hate or negativity in my life. There’s no room for it.” — Reese Witherspoon.
- “Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise.” — Victor Hugo.
- “Don’t let your fear of the unknown keep you from experiencing a life greater than you have ever known.” — Jeff McClung.
- “You cannot start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” — Michael McMillan.
- “Divorce isn’t the child’s fault. Don’t say anything unkind about your ex to the child because you’re really just hurting the child.” — Valerie Bertinelli
- “Courage, dear heart.” — C.S. Lewis
Call Nelson Law Group today!!
Our legal and life experiences uniquely qualify us to answer your questions. We represent people in Denton, Dallas, and Collin Counties in a variety of legal disputes in the areas of Family Law, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, and Estate Planning. Give our knowledgeable staff here at Nelson Law Group, PC a call if you have any further questions regarding this or any other issue. Our staff is always available.
Give us a call today! For more information about Brett A Nelson, click here.