Nelson Law Group Update March 26, 2020
Nelson Law Group Working Remotely and Clarification of Possession during State of Emergency
As circumstances regarding the COVID-19 virus evolve, Nelson Law Group would like to reassure you that we will continue to be available to provide services to all of our clients and potential clients. While our physical office is closed due to the recent Denton County order, our team is working remotely during our regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Friday) until further notice.
We also want to clear up any confusion regarding co-parenting and visitation during this difficult time. The order spells out that this state of emergency does not affect either party’s right to possession; if the parties do not have a mutual agreement on possession during this time, they are to follow the regular possession schedule in their current order. In addition, you are allowed to travel for exchanges of the children to carry out the terms of your court order. You can find the official SEVENTH EMERGENCY ORDER REGARDING THE COVID-19 STATE OF DISASTER issued Tuesday, March 24, 2020, by the Supreme Court of Texas via the link above.
Please know that we are here for you should you have any questions regarding your situation. Feel free to call 972-808-7227 if you need us.
Nelson Law Group Update March 25, 2020
Nelson Law Group Update March 19, 2020
Dear Clients, Colleagues, and Friends,
Nelson Law Group is committed to the health and well-being of our clients, coworkers, and colleagues. While we all navigate and monitor the current situation impacting the world and our area, we want to reassure you that Nelson Law Group is open and will continue to provide client focused service to both new and existing clients .
Technology Driven Communication: To further protect the health of all concerned, our attorneys and staff have the technology and capability to work on our clients’ cases from our office as well as securely from our homes when necessary. We are diligently working on your legal matters, as we did before this crisis developed, but our interaction may be through electronic means in situations where we would have traditionally met in person. You can email, call, or video conference with our firm, and, if necessary, an in-person meeting can be arranged.
To schedule a virtual appointment with our office, please feel free to call or email us during our normal business hours (Monday – Thursday 9 am – 5 pm, Friday 9 am – 1 pm).
Cases Moving Forward: While Texas courts are rescheduling non-emergency hearings, work is still being done on our cases to move them forward towards completion. Further, all court filings in Texas are done electronically so there should be no interruption to our court access. If required, court appearances are being allowed in limited situations and the courts are working to find alternatives to resolving disputes without an in person appearance. We will continue to communicate with you regarding the status of your case.
Stay Informed: As the situation continues to evolve, we are closely following the most up-to-date guidelines from the State of Texas and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and implementing their recommendations. Please visit our website for our current status.
The days ahead may be a challenge. But we will continue to work to take care of our clients’ cases and to take on new matters and clients. We will simply manage your case in less traditional, more technology-driven, way that will help to insure we all stay healthy while performing services for you.
Wishing you health and safety,
Nelson Law Group
Nelson Law Group Update March 16, 2020
It is of utmost importance for all who enter the doors of Nelson Law Group, PC to know that we value their safety and well-being. In an effort to keep yourself informed, please spend a few moments reviewing what the CDC is saying about COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/summary.html.
I would encourage you to gain your information from this source as opposed to social media or mainstream media.
Court Information: If you have a current case with us, the local courthouses are closed to non-essential cases. The counties we practice in have all posted notices to advise the public and I have included these notices for Denton, Collin, Tarrant, and Dallas County.
Appointment Information: If you have an appointment or would like to meet with a member of the Nelson Law Group team, you can meet with us in person, over the telephone, or via video conference. If you chose to meet with us in person, please know that we are taking the steps advised by the CDC to keep us all healthy. If you will be meeting us for the first time, we will respect your space and not shake your hand. To schedule or adjust your appointment, contact Kendall@NelsonLawGroupPC.com by email or phone at 972-808-7227.
Please take a minute to read about what we are doing, and what you can do, to ensure safety amid concerns surrounding the Coronavirus.
For Nelson Law Group, PC:
- Cleaning commonly used areas more often, including but not limited to lobby, team kitchen area, offices, and conference rooms.
- Continuing to add extra hand sanitizer in the reception area, offices, and conference rooms.
For Our Team Members and Clients:
- Encouraging our team members and clients to closely monitor their health and well-being.
- Encouraging our team members and clients to follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus. CDC recommends covering coughs and sneezes with tissues and afterward disposing of tissue in the trash. If no tissue is available, coughing or sneezing into your upper sleeve, not hands, is recommended.
- Team members and clients are encouraged to avoid close contact with those who are sick. Please inform the office if you, or someone you were exposed to, have recently traveled to any of the affected areas.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after restroom use, before and after eating, after blowing the nose, coughing, or sneezing should be consistently done and encouraged, per CDC recommendation.
- If any of our team members or clients are showing symptoms of illness, please follow CDC suggestion to contact your healthcare provider and stay home. In this case, with modern technology at our fingertips, we will contact you to facilitate a virtual meeting with you if you or your case requires the meeting.
We at Nelson Law Group, PC will continue to remain vigilant, diligently monitor, and stay informed about COVID-19 developments. Our goal is to regularly identify strategies to continue to provide excellent service in a healthy manner during this evolving situation.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this or any other matter, please contact us.